Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow in Vegas!




We heard a "winter avisory" on the radio this morning and braced ourselves for the usual Vegas storm of cold rain. What a fun surprise when REAL snow fell! The girls talked all morning about playing in the snow as I sipped my hot chocolate and explained that the snow wouldn't "stick" because, after all, we're not in Utah anymore. Not the least bit discouraged, Kami and Kennadi dragged out the dusty winter box from the garage and proceeded to dress themselves as if they were planning a ski trip.

Here I am on my third cup of hot cocoa and, sure enough, the girls are enjoying every flake of snow that is indeed sticking. I braved the cold long enough to take a few pictures so as to share this winter miracle with you!




2 comments:

  1. Just when you thought you had gotten away from the white stuff!! I'm impressed that you actually still had winter clothes for the girls to wear. Thank goodness for cozy slippers, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did they spend more time getting ready or actually playing out in the snow? Looks like fun. That's my kind of snow storm...the kind I know won't stick around for long. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete